Compliance with Data Protection Law
TOMIA undertakes to do its best efforts to comply with the laws and regulations governing the processing of personal data, including, but not limited to, the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”) and any other national applicable laws or regulations governing the processing of personal data applicable to it.
TOMIA acts as data controller for data it collects from Users. TOMIA has appointed a data protection officer which can be contacted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data collected by TOMIA through the Website and purpose of the processing
The Website is an informative site on which Users can browse to obtain information about TOMIA and the Services.
To that extent, the following personal data is collected:
- Content of Users’ messages on the contact form: Users may contact TOMIA by various means, including through the contact form available on the Website, social networks, to request additional information, make a complaint, for example. The personal data collected depends on what information are provided by the User in the message box.
- Identification and contact detail: When contacting TOMIA, Users may be asked to provide TOMIA (i) when using the contact form, with their full name, their email address, the name of the Company they are working in/with and the country they are located in and/or (ii) when using social network, their User name chosen on such social network and any other information the User decides to disclose.
- Metadata: these elements correspond to the operations carried out on the Website, i.e. the data flows generated by User activity. In principle, this data is not used by TOMIA, whose Website is just the medium for the exchange of this data. However, some of these elements may be used by TOMIA to refine the profile of Users (for example, if the User is redirected to third party sites).
- Technical data: These technical information includes browser type, language settings, country and time zone, ID and cookie settings, type of device used for connection, hardware model and operating system, unique identifiers or user ID, IP addresses and mobile network information, social network sharing, geolocation data. TOMIA never uses the precise GPS location of the User’s device except with the User’s explicit consent. This data is used to ensure optimal use of the Website and to customize the Website for each User (by offering the Website in mobile version if the connection came from a mobile phone).
The personal data of Users collected in the context of the use of social networks may be processed by TOMIA, which has a legitimate interest in using them for marketing purposes and to improve its advertising materials and its image on the basis of the voluntary information transmitted or published by Users.
TOMIA is present on various social networks and acts as joint data controller with them for certain processing operations, in particular when the logo of the social network used appears on the Website.
For more information on the processing of personal data on the various social networks, Users may consult the following information notices in particular:
Other social networks may also be added at any time by TOMIA.
Some cookies do not require the consent of Users because they are purely technical, and their use is in the legitimate interests of TOMIA. For others, TOMIA collects the consent of Users before collecting personal data about them via cookies.
How TOMIA protects Personal Data
TOMIA has implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the User personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, unauthorised access, and other unlawful or unauthorised forms of processing, in accordance with applicable law.
The User is responsible for ensuring that any personal data that he/she send to us are sent securely.
Sharing of Personal Data
TOMIA does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties Users’ personal data.
However each User accepts that his/her personal data can be transmitted which TOMIA’s group and to website hosting and editing partners and other sub-contractors who assist TOMIA in providing the Services, conducting its business, or servicing the User, so long as those sub-contractors undertake to process the personal data only according to TOMIA’s instructions and to comply with the applicable law regarding the protection of personal data.
However, Users’ non-personal data may be provided to third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
TOMIA intends to transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area or to international organisation, only on the basis of:
- adequacy decisions adopted by the European Commission (for more information, please refer to the European Commission website: EU Adequacy Decisions );
- suitable Standard Contractual Clauses in accordance with Article 46 of the GDPR which are available at TOMIA’s office upon request addressed to email@example.com
Acceptance of these terms